Sunday 10 October 2010

Here chick chick chicken!










It was the Christmas quilt along weekend yesterday and as usual I was late to the party. Just had time to make a small contribution to the spirit of the day with this log cabin chicken decoration. This one is based on 7" log cabins and prairie points. She is stuffed with wool waste and smells lovely! (if you like lanolin!) I have several other lone log cabin blocks all slightly smaller and these will become pin cushions once the crushed walnut shells arrive. (Let me know if you need any) I'm on a deadline today so sorry it's a hasty post and to all you other Christmas quilt alongers .. I will visit you all soon to check out your progress. Have a great Sunday, Tracey - Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

7 comments:

  1. Those are great fun to make! I have 2 and one is a giant pincushion and the other is quite small. I'd still like to make one more medium sized one. I did the tails the same way as yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh woww, you nearly sneaked in without me noticing, but I saw you!! He's a gorgeous chicken. I keep reading about the crushed walnut shells and tried to get them over here in the pet shops, but they looked at me as though I was mad, so I'm still using toy stuffing. I'll be interested to hear what you think of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh ooooh ooh the funky chicken! Sorry, that just had to be said! He's gorgous! They are such fun to make too! I'd be interested in the your thoughts on walnut shells too, (that's if you're still talking to me LOL) A few pincushiosn for the next quilt along could be on my horizon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He's gorgeous

    Love and hugs Gina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute Chicken! I love how detailed yours are with the log cabins. I have one myself of a similiar design and I just love it, it's perfect for all of my flat head pins (I'd guess even easier to use than my pin magnet!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it!!! Are there directions for these adorable critters anywhere?

    Diane

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each and every one of them.