Saturday 29 September 2012

Ding Dong!

Surfin Santa from Alexander Henry Fabrics


Its been an interesting week this week ... DH has retired from work! Friday was his last day and I can honestly say I have never seen anyone look so happy. He was beaming from ear to ear as he walked out the house. I haven't seen him look like this for many years and I am quite looking forward to having  the 'real-non-corporate-him' around again. He'll be busy with his own interests but he has volunteered to play postman and take the shop orders to the post office. I'm sure he will love carrying those bright pink bags I use! 

So while hubby was smiley I was a bit grumpy this week. I've been waiting patiently for the delivery of the Alexander Henry Christmas fabrics for a few weeks now and I was more than just a little annoyed when I found out that they had been sitting in the delivery office for over 10 days and no one had bothered to inform me. How mad is that?  Anyway after a 40 mile round trip Friday morning I got my mitts on them!  Oooh they are lovely and VERY different. Alexander Henry Fabrics  are known for unusual fabric designs and Surfin Santa and All I want for Christmas fit the 'unusual' bill very well! 
Look at this chilled out Santa!  
Surfin the waves and sipping coconut juice.
Hope he's not so relaxed he forgets Christmas altogether!


and as for All I want for Christmas well 

...ding dong ....

 is all I can say!
All I want for Christmas



Christmas fabric with a difference methinks!



 Joining the christmas stock too this week are some


Green Pompom trim


Jumbo Pompom Trim in Red



The new Berties Bows ribbons were MEGA popular last week. 
So much so they sold out and I had to reorder. 
Thank you. Hope you all liked them!


Quilted with Love ribbon

These Vintage Doily Sewing kits came in too. 
Normally I wouldn't go for anything like this but at £5.50 I think they are really good little stocking fillers. The scissors won me over actually. They have a very clever slide and fold mechanism that makes them tiny enough to fit safely in the tin. 

Vintage Sewing Kit





I also managed to get some crochet and a wee bit of sewing done too. 
On the sewing front I've been making some zigzag blocks with the 
1930's fabrics with Kona Ivory and Celadon. 
(oh, while I remember I got 5 new ones of those this week too)
I haven't got a piccy of the blocks yet but I'll post mid week if I think to. 

So thats it for this week.


Happy Quilting!

Tracey 
xx

ps My broken toe is mending nicely .. you can tell from the reduction in my facial grimaces ..lol!








2 comments:

  1. Great stuff going on in your neck of the world, Tracey -- love the new fabrics and notions. May you continue to heal, and may you enjoy your hubby even more now that he's retired.

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely unusual fabrics. Congrats on retirement - hope you both really enjoy it. Trying to catch up with so many unread blogs - and so enjoying myself.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each and every one of them.