Sunday 12 September 2010

Christmas Quilt Along part 2

After a minor interruption to collect no 4 child from a playdate, dinner and a marathon TV session of X Factor AND Strictly I packed everyone off to bed and finished the tumbler mystery! It's late now and the light is bad but here it is .. Ta dah! It's a carry bag for all my Christmas decorations and will possibly double as a Santa sack for extra large pressies. I made the pattern up as I went and I made a few boobs but it worked out ok in the end I think. The original quilted section started as a piece 42" x 53". The fabric was a cheapo bundle I picked up from Hobbycraft last year. Can't say I like the fabric or layout much but hey ho it's a functional thing now and I do love making stuff that's useful! Have a great Sunday everyone and thanks for the comments!











Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

6 comments:

  1. Doreen , Houston, MN12 September 2010 at 03:05

    SUPER SNAZY!!!!! I very much DO like everything about this project. Holiday Slumber Party anyone???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's just great. Very clever use of the tumblers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great.

    Glad to see another Strictly fan. I recorded last night's so I can watch it when hubby is out of the house. It's my guilty secret

    Love and hugs Gina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cool idea! I have a few quilt tops that I'm not so crazy about anymore.....hhhhmmm. Never thought of making them into anything other than what they were originally intended. I gotta get out of my box more!!

    Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the bag...I've never tried the tumblers

    ReplyDelete
  6. You clever gal!! This is a great idea -- much better than the plastic storage things you find everywhere. You're an original!

    Diane

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each and every one of them.