Thursday 29 March 2012

Distlefinks ..no honestly!




I love this word Distlefinks!  
Just a few weeks ago I had never heard it but I liked it from the start. 
It is the name for the folk art bird used in the HEX symbols made by the Pensilvania Dutch.

They are very cute ... don't you think?





Well my Distlefink flew the nest today and has gone off to part of the challenge
 "Something Borrowed Something Blue".  

I'm not sure where it will be displayed exactly  ... it travels I think (sometimes I need to ask a few more questions) but my husband made a great point in making sure it was coming home at some point.  He loved it ...  but he made me smile when he said 

"ooh it looks 3-D"   

Yes dear that would be because it's Trapunto'd!


5 comments:

  1. looks fab! Well worth the effort :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so beautiful - wish it was coming home to me. Never heard the word 'distlefinks' before either - love new words. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great - you have been busy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning. Is there a pattern for it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Admiring the time and energy you put into your blog and in depth information you offer.
    It's great to come across a blog every once in a while that isn't the same unwanted rehashed material.
    Fantastic read! I've bookmarked your site and I'm adding your RSS feeds to my
    Google account.
    Feel free to surf my blog post ... acne overnight fast

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each and every one of them.