Friday 27 August 2010

New Friends



Quilt by Liz Mayock: Quilting by Tracey Pereira.
 As seen in the latest issue of Irish Quilting Magazine


I had a fantastic time at the Festival of Quilts last week and I will show you all the goodies I got soon BUT I am just way too tired this week. I think I have driven over 500 miles in the last few days going from the Festival in Birmingham, home then off to the South East to teach a beginners longarm class to lovely lady then up to a very rainy Reading to deliver a forgotten Festival Ticket. The Reading trip was horrendous too - 1 hour 30 minutes to drive 49 miles, 2 hours to drive the final 1 mile!

While I was in Birmingham I did meet some lovely new friends though so for todays post I thought I would  share them with you. Lizzet has recently started an online retail shop called 


The Fabric Loft

with some very yummy designer fabric. She has some young, youthful and funky fabrics in the shop at the moment .. which I just love! You can visit her shop here.

I also met Vivienne from Rainbow Disks. Rainbow Disks publish e-books that I really like too. I have several of their titles already and I did buy 3 more. I find they suit my lifestyle just perfectly. If you haven't encountered e-books before they are super! Essentially they are PDF versions of a book on a CD style disk that you load into your computer. You can view them direct from the disk or copy them to your hard drive. You can print the whole book locally or just print pages of interest. Photo images are very impressive too and because they are delivered in a digital format you can zoom into the pictures and really see all the detail close up and personal!  


Annette Morgan and Katherine Guerrier both have a couple or more titles in the Rainbow Disk portfolio now. You can see them here  and on Amazon too. Definitely worth a look.


Who else did I meet .. well Fiona Pullen is a bright new spark in the world of sewing and I just wish I had her youth and vitality. She has recently started The Sewing Directory which is an amazing source of all things sewing and craft related in the UK. You can just about find everything in her site ... including my new ad ! (lol) Fiona is building her business with lots of content now so be sure to check her out here.

I met a lot of other wonderful people of course too but the last one I want to share today is a virtual one. Today I want to pay-it-forward by sharing Annabelle with you. Annabelle commented on my blog while I was away in Birmingham. I am always tickled when someone comments on my blog and I always try to make an effort to go visit you ... so please leave me a message!   Annabelle is having a giveaway on her blog today. She is giving away a lovely crochet flower book (.. so Emma if you read this be sure to leave her a comment .. this is right up your alley!) Here is the link to Anabelles blog.
So ladies and gents, please enjoy my new friends too and if you go visit them tell them I sent you!

5 comments:

  1. How am I ever supposed to get off this computer when people keep telling me about all these sites that sound so interesting?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What neat information you've shared here, Tracey -- your quilting in the first picture is simply stunning!

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tracey
    It was lovely meeting you at the Festival of Quilts! It is great to meet people like you very talented and full of enthusiam!
    Thank you for your help with the hexagon quilt, I have started it yesterday and I am loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry Tracey only just had time to catch up on my blog reading and came accross this post. It was lovely to meet you and thank you so much for your kind words :-)

    As Lizzet said it is lovely to meet someone so talented who's work we have admired form afar.

    Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Tracey,
    Fiona's comment has reminded me to join in - better late than never. It's a pleasure to have you as a friend. I'm looking forward to developing plans to work together.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each and every one of them.